Women On Set Meeting Guidelines
Women on Set is happy to announce that we are bringing some changes to continue growing and giving the very best to all the members of this creative and professional community of women filmmakers.
Some of the changes you will see at our next gathering are the following:
1. A minimum contribution of $15 ( non-refundable ) is requested prior to the event ( Paypal ,Venmo, Zelle or Cash app )
A confirmation of the contribution will be checked upon arrival and registration.
This kind of contribution will include one welcome drink, a final toast, light appetizers, water, teas and an opportunity to network with other females from the media industry.
Also, you will be able to participate in the educational provisions given by our guest mentors when programmed or from our own organic Women on Set initiatives.
In addition, and most importantly, you will be added to our exclusive Women on Set website directory and to our social media platforms where you will be profiled with your production skills, companies and a short bio. This benefit is only and exclusively for females in the industry and Women on Set reserves the right of admission. For more details please check the website and FAQ's.
2. Inclusive to all female filmmakers in all positions of film, TV and new media.
3. Smoking is not allowed on premises.
4. Please remember that in order to make the best out of this experience we are suggesting you dress professional, comfortable and as light as possible. We are all women and some of us are also mothers, so we understand that at times it is challenging to find who can take care of our little ones, but it is very important that you are respectful to our other women members, so please leave your children at home. Thank you!
5. Our events will begin at 7 PM and we will keep the doors open until 8:30 PM when our mentor will begin her session. Remember that the later you arrive the less networking opportunities you will have. We also want to stress the importance of being respectful to our mentor’s time during the session, therefor we ask that you restrain yourselves from doing anything else except fully immersing in the experience and activities. The event will last until 11 PM. Please keep this in mind.
6. Remember we are a collective community of volunteer sisters where the final intention is for all of us to move forward, collaborate, create working opportunities, hire each other and grow professionally and personally. At the same time, within your own capacities and resources, we hope and expect that you will provide help with things like marketing, social media support, website page, chairs, podiums, food, photography, video, music, designing and last but least with however you feel you can collaborate.
The moment you RSVP there will be a “fill out box” on how you can contribute with the event and the organization if you would like to do so.
Thank you for your understanding of our new set of guidelines. This will only make us all better!
Women on Set invites you on the last Friday of every month in celebration of #Femalefilmmakerfriday to an evening gathering with production and media companies, filmmakers, key entertainment industry executives, media entrepreneurs, professional and crew members who are eager to make connections, share, exchange ideas, explore partnerships and get to know each other for future projects or recommendations.
We all love films and storytelling so let’s get rolling!